Welcome to the blog of the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre (FINEEC) to read, write and comment! People interested in the evaluation of education are also welcome to write on the blog, even if they do not work at FINEEC. If you have a topic that you would like to write about on the blog, contact us.
The blog’s operating principles
- The opinions presented on FINEEC’s blog are the writer’s own opinions and do not necessarily represent FINEEC’s view.
- The blog texts will be shared on FINEEC’s Facebook page and the discussion will be conducted there.
- When submitting the text to FINEEC, the author allows its publication on FINEEC’s different communication channels (e.g. website, social media, dissemination of press releases to media and printed publications).
- The decision on publishing the texts will be made by the blog’s editorial team consisting of FINEEC’s Director Harri Peltoniemi, Vice Director Hannele Seppälä and Communications Specialist Virpi Pietiläinen.
Tips for blogging
What should I write about?
For example, you can scrutinize an evaluation or a scientific article from your point of view, modify into a blog text a successful seminar presentation you have given or write a comment on a topical theme.
How should I write?
- Write in a reader-centred and goal-oriented manner. Think about who your readers will be and write the text for them. Also give the objective of your blog post some thought.
- State the most important thing at the beginning of your text and give the background information later. This is the structure recommended for online texts.
- Write in a compact and concise manner. The recommended number of characters is 1,000–4,000 characters, including spaces. If your text is a long one, consider dividing it into more than one blog post.
- Use clear standard language as the readers may not all be education professionals.
- Also attach images to your blog post.
Ask for more information / send your completed text:
Virpi Pietiläinen, Communications Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org)